muscle wasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

scc

What does muscle wasting look like? and is there a place where is usually starts?
My GM this weekend noticed some changes in the way my feet looked. In between my big toe and second toe on both feet it looks like the flesh is "sunken". Also on the outside of each foot there are indentions beginning that looks like the flesh is sinking into my feet. If that makes sense.

Thanks for your feedback.

Check out hand atrophy pictures in General Discussion forum.
AL.

I tried but it said

scc, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log

How do I view the photos?

scroll down the link a little. I think Al posted another link for those that could not access the photos.

Yes I did. There is a direct link to the photos. If I recall there may be more there than what was on the forum.
AL.

Has anyone had any luck in stopping the muscle wasting or slowing the wasting?

Musle Wasting

No I Havent. The Nerve Impulses Are No Going To The Muscle Thats What Causes The Muscle To Waste Sorry Pat

If they could stop the wasting then the could probably cure the disease.
AL.

Hi all,

In regards to muscle wasting, I haven't really noticed true atrophy in my hands yet, but I have wrist atrophy. Let me explain: when I clench my fists palms facing up, the flesh has sunken in either side of the tendons there (where you take your pulse). Has anyone else noticed this?

bala,

I am not diagnosed.
I have this, I have hand atrophy when I say it is going to my forearms and show them my wrists they keep telling me that there are no real muscles there. they tell me the same thing about my ankles. but there are very strong little muscles that cross your wrist and ankles. I studied that anatomy of the foot and hand.
Does the rest of your forearm look normal. If you are thin or have lost weight it will look like that also.
It might have always been that way, and you just never noticed.

Well, there is something new. I just tried this and if that is atrophy, then yes, I have it too - exactly as you describe it. Just something else to worry about. Oh well :(

I only noticed it when the twitching recently spread to my forearms, my forearms don't look too wasted yet. With the wrist atrophy, I still have fully functional hands at this stage, do you guys?

Bala - my hands still work but my left is somewhat weak and unco-ordinated. Did you ever get your diagnosis? I didnt see the post if you did.

bala,

MY hands are getting weaker, I have a hard time opening new jars or bottles.
Or ones that my husband closes to tightly and I drop things often.
My left hand is worst then my right hand , thank god cause I am right handed.
I can still use my hands, and write with my right hand.

Hi all,

In regards to muscle wasting, I haven't really noticed true atrophy in my hands yet, but I have wrist atrophy. Let me explain: when I clench my fists palms facing up, the flesh has sunken in either side of the tendons there (where you take your pulse). Has anyone else noticed this?

My flesh sinks a little when I do that too, and I don't have ALS. It may be natural to a certain extent.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back