Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lancaster
it was just over $330.00 but hospice is reimbursing for it. the big whhels work good in the shower (the smal plastic wheels were chipping my floor) it goes over my toilet, the arms swing out of the way and it is comfortable. my only shange would be for the wheel to be an inch or two bigger.

Attachments

• 180_Shower_Commode_Chair_reversed__11285.1512071014.jpg
    180_Shower_Commode_Chair_reversed__11285.1512071014.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 170
Peter;

Great price and good looking chair.

Thanks about the tip on the wheels possible chipping tile. Never occurred to me.

Wife first used roll in shower yesterday. We used stationary shower chair.

Other than me getting moderately wet it worked out okay. Just need to get the routine down.

Hope I can get shower/commode chair soon.

We just purchased a new commode chair with padded seat and back. Hoped it would be more comfortable for wife. No so.

Wife complained that opening in seat was more appropriate for 300 pound male not her delicate buns. Also bucket too small which allowed stuff to hit the floor. Went back to our 20 year old relic.

Oh well "better mouse" trap an all that.

Ernie

I am only comfortable in a chair that tilts AND reclines now that I am completely quadriplegic
you may want to consider that if you are buying

We have the same chair as Pete. It does tilt and recline. Arms go up and leg supports can swing out of the way too. We have not used it ad a commode, but it does have that feature too.

Not fancy, but gets the job done.

Pete and jrzygrl;

Where did you get the chair. At $300.00 it sounds attractive.

Tilt and recline is definitely something we would want.

Ernie

I don't see any tilt or recline on that particular chair but I could be wrong. Just make sure it has those features before ordering. Also, I don't see headrest

EZee Life makes the above non recline chair, but they also make a model that reclines and has a head rest. Just search EZee Life commode chair with tilt. They are a bit more money.

Ours is from the ALSA loan closet, so I can't offer where to get one.

Ours does have a headrest- looks like it's cut off in the picture. There is a grip (like a bicycle hand brake) behind the back of the chair that is pressed to tilt/recline the chair.

Yes, EZLife makes several models; not all tilt/recline. We got ours as a loaner (it was brand new, shipped to us in a sealed/new box) from the ALS association. It has a headrest, swing away/removeable leg rests, and tilts but not to the point that I would call it a recline position. It is a shower/toilet chair with removeable bucket. EZLife makes large wheels for the rear which I am contemplating, because we have a 4" lip into the shower. At the present time we perch the shower chair over the toilet, & I put 6 very heavy, 100% cotton bath mats on the tile floor. We get the job done with less than a bucket of water and a hand-held camping shower. Works great, but if I purchased the large rear wheels, this would permit me to easily tip the chair backwards and up over the lip to the shower. They cost $180 just for the large wheels though, so I've not made a move due to Dave's ever-increasing trunk weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back