Could Pulsed Electrical magnetic fields cause ALS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, why not?

It's as good as any of the other Looney Toones theories out there.

If the answer was a resounding 'yes', what would you do with the information?
If the answer was a categorical 'no', what would you do with that information?

My true answer is "I doubt it."
If you find out the truth, you'll make a million bucks.

I would contact the clinic where I had treatments and warn them to not use on people who have early ALS symptoms... we thought mine was NPH!

Too late for me but to protect others... I don't know it caused a faster progression!

Neurologist at time said was a waste of time and money, but MDs don't like Chiropractors!

Take a second look at that technology, the doctor involved, and the articles that describe it. I see a lot of scientific-sounding BS and smell a quack.

A lot of people are exposed to a lot of pulses of electro-magnetic forces. I've never heard it associated with ALS.

One of the most common being cellphones

Romeo: “.... MDs don’t like chiropractors.”

MDs don’t like Dr. Oz either.

You are so right Mike. I asked my neurologist if she could do a spinal tap for heavy metal poisoning. She said that if it was really important to me she would order it, but then what? Still no way to cure it!

Long-term occupational exposure to low-frequency electromagnetic fields may be associated with ALS. The causality is not proven, only a statistical link so far.

General rule of thumb: don't rush on line to grab anything associated with Dr. Oz.

Last edited:
Yes, low-frequency electromagnetic fields may be associated with ALS. The causality is not proven, only a statistical link so far.

General rule of thumb: don't rush on line to grab anything associated with Dr. Oz.

The batteries pushing those low frequency pulses is interesting..

Yes, low-frequency electromagnetic fields may be associated with ALS. The causality is not proven, only a statistical link so far.

I did the treatments prior to knowing I had ALS .... Got ad in mail and nuerologist said it was a waste of time and money but not harmful.... Didn't read Dr. Oz until now when Googling.

Yup, electromagnetic pulses are all around us all the time. High tension power lines on tall utility poles are thought to affect mammals--one study found that cows become disoriented near them.

When I was in the Navy aboard a carrier flight deck, I would sometimes hear a repetitive buzz or a pinging sound that was so soft, I'm sure no one else heard them. My hearing discrimination was naturally really good, so I was trained to detect the tiniest differences in sounds, and my job was in Electronic Intelligence--operating equipment that would locate enemy radars, missiles, and such.

Keep in mind that, in order for something to make any sound, it has to physically move an object (usually a speaker), vibrate it just a little. When I looked for the source of the sound, I discovered it came from the ship's long range radar. Every time it pointed in my direction, my plastic noise protection (Mickey Mouse ears) would rattle a bit.

Also, while I was inside of an aircraft repairing the equipment, there were times I would notice a faint vibration of the toolbox next to me. So I went outside and saw it was the altitude finding radar on the helicopters overhead, pinging me.

Even today, I often hear the tiniest buzzing noises while driving down the highway, and then look up to see jumbo jets preparing to land. I can tell (from training) that their radars are scanning the area.

Every radio and TV station, every police speed trap, and even the WiFi in your house and at Starbucks are sending EM waves through our bodies. And of course our cell phones are right there, next to our brain, emanating EM waves. The Navy even has a giant antenna under the ground in Virginia that communicates THROUGH the Earth to the other side. And then, there's my laptop computer, literally sitting on my lap, transmitting to the Cloud...

If electric waves caused ALS, every American would have it by now.

Mod note- If you are wondering where your posts had gone...

If you quote a post that contains a link, your post will go to moderation and need to be approved first. The forum does this automatically. The easiest way to avoid this is to either remove the link, or don't quote the entire post you are responding to (preferable).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back