Old 02-11-2018, 05:40 AM #106 (permalink)

City: Wolfeboro
State: NH
Diagnosed: 12/2015
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Jlynn is a jewel in the roughJlynn is a jewel in the roughJlynn is a jewel in the roughJlynn is a jewel in the rough
Jlynn is a jewel in the roughJlynn is a jewel in the roughJlynn is a jewel in the roughJlynn is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Woke Up - Air Hunger

Pete...glad to see you rally! Thinking of you!
Jlynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
SanDiegoSue (02-23-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 08:32 AM #107 (permalink)

City: Northern
State: NJ
starente15 has a spectacular aura aboutstarente15 has a spectacular aura about
City: Northern
State: NJ
starente15 has a spectacular aura aboutstarente15 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Pete - I'm glad to hear you're doing better. Even though I haven't been on the boards, I still think about you and everyone else here.

Christine
starente15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
tripete (02-14-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 10:40 AM #108 (permalink)

City: North Port
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 03/2017
ctollar is on a distinguished road

Pete,
How are you doing. I haven't seen much of you on here.
ctollar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:15 AM #109 (permalink)

City: Lancaster
State: PA
Diagnosed: 12/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
tripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud of
tripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud oftripete has much to be proud of

The medecine keeps me going each day but the elephant on my chest gets heavier and heavier. typing is painful as my finger dont work and my voice is to weak for text to speach. trying to get all i can done for my family
tripete is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:33 AM #110 (permalink)

I can emphathize with you. It was that way for my dad too. Do you have a cell phone stand that can hold up for you so you can type easier?
ctollar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:38 AM #111 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Pittsburgh
Diagnosed: 07/2007
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Narrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant future
Very Helpful Member
Narrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant future

Pete, hugs from afar. You are always in my thoughts.

Sue
Narrowminded is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:06 PM #112 (permalink)

i use my laptop so i dont need a phone stand. we keep moving forward because it is right to do so
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tripete For This Useful Post:
affected (02-21-2018), KimT (02-21-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 12:17 PM #113 (permalink)

City: Stevenage
State: Hertfordshire
Diagnosed: 07/2016
WendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of light
City: Stevenage
State: Hertfordshire
Diagnosed: 07/2016
WendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of light

Sending big hugs.
I so know how you feel, I wake at night with that horrible feeling I am trying to keep calm. The doctor prescribed lorazepam which helps, we found out the hard way that I can't be off the bipap for more than a few minutes. I pass out then stop breathing. The hospital gave me a spare machine I'm now also using eyegaze which is fantastic.

I don't know what my fvc is and don't want to really, I am just concentrating on hanging on and looking forward to seeing my next grandchild due in july.

glad your new medication is helping.

wendy xx
WendyWooG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WendyWooG For This Useful Post:
affected (02-21-2018), KimT (02-21-2018), Narrowminded (02-22-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 03:35 PM #114 (permalink)

City: Stuttgart
State: Germany
Diagnosed: 07/2017
wishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to behold
wishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for checking in, Pete!
wishmobbing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:03 PM #115 (permalink)

sorry to report around 4 i started with another air hunger fit. nurse was here is increasing meds. cant where bipap as pressure hurts my diaphragm PT coming out to adjust - another slide downhill
Old 02-21-2018, 06:10 PM #116 (permalink)

Sorry to hear. I wish you no pain and no panic. Hope the adjustments will help you. Sending strength!
wishmobbing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:50 PM #117 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to sit and virtually hold your hand Pete - such an awful disease, so many amazing people who should never have to go through any of this xxxx
affected is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:56 AM #118 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear this, Pete. Make sure they adjust the trigger/cycle sensitivity as well as the pressure, as you may need shorter (most likely) or longer breaths these days.

Best,
Laurie
lgelb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:23 PM #119 (permalink)

My thoughts are with you daily Pete. I'm so sorry your going through this. ALS is a beast. Hugs to you.
Jlynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:12 PM #120 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

Very Helpful Member

More hugs Pete, holding your hand from afar.

Hugs,

Sue
Narrowminded is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
breathing, crying, hospice, morphine