Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
US
State
MD
City
On my boat
Recently I've been experiencing some strange eye issues and I'm just wondering if this is ALS related or if this is something else altogether.

I will get a semicircle of triangular prisms in my eyes. It's only happened a handful of times so far and it only lasts for 15 to 30 minutes. I haven't really noticed anything else, headache, nausea, etc.

I will mention it on my next clinic visit but since that's not for awhile I figured I'd ask to see if I should schedule something sooner.

Dr. Google seems to think it's a Migraine aura without the headache.

Thanks.

I’ll vote with the migraine theory.

I had many migraines without headaches. I would lose my lower quadrant of vision for anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes. When one of these episodes started, I would take magnesium, Valium, and one tylenol and get in a dark room with no noise. They usually went away without a headache or just a dull headache. I've also had some very painful migraines but all began with the aura.

So long as it is both eyes, agree with the brain trust. An issue like that with one eye would suggest a retinal exam.

It's both eyes so I guess I'll keep an eye on it for now and let them know at the next clinic visit.

Thank you all very much.

Sounds like an occullar migraine. I have been getting them as well. With the ALS, I also have more intense synathesia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back