Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
Ca
City
San Diego
What can I do? I’ve switched to LH because other formulas gave me diarrhea. Now, first time with it and it is running so slow that i’m afraid i’ll spend hours per bag. What can I do?

Use a kangaroo pump? You can set the infusion rate.

Are you on FB? There is an amazing g-tube group there and I have learned so much from people on that group. Many in the group reported liquid hope was a great choice for them, but thick and hard to get down the tube. Most ended up thinning it with water until it went down at a reasonable rate. This forum doesn't let you post links, but if you search for: "Adult GTube Feeding" in 'groups' in a facebook search it will come right up. From stoma care to healthier formula options (as opposed to jevity), to strategies for making your own blenderized meals, it is a great resource. Many knowledgeable people there who've been using a tube for years or decades!

Thank you so much Kristina, i’ll Check it out.

The simple answer, the thing that my wife did in the very same situation, was to dilute with warm/hot water.

That's it! Dilute until it flows!

yep there is no problem to dilute with some warm water to get the flow rate right :)

We have diluted with warm water and it works!

we bolus feed. We push it through the syringe.

Fantastic success! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back