Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
City
Grafton
I'm having pain from my outer wrist, up the back of my hand, and up the fingers to about the finger joints half-way up. The pain is only on that outer side; --the inside of my wrist, my palm, and underside of fingers don't hurt. This is on my left hand where I have a lot of atrophy, including wrist atrophy and curling fingers.

The pain is not new, but has gotten significantly worse recently. My finger curling is also worsening, so I was wondering if the pain I have could be caused by the wrist atrophy and curling fingers? If so, is there a treatment to reduce the pain?

TIA

yes, I have wrist pain. It helps me to wear a hand splint at night to prevent fingers from clenching during spasms.

also hand finger and forearm massage and rom help. I like warm moist heat on it too

Yep, it sounds like a tendinopathy related to spasticity and atrophy. This causes muscles to be out of balance and painful contractures can result. I recommend seeing the OT and maybe getting a splint. Ibuprofen could help for pain on bad days, but I don’t recommend taking it daily due to potential stomach irritation.

Ok thanks. I have noticed that heat helps so i do apply heat when I can. I've been taking 800mg ibuprofen for the pain but it doesn't help much.

When I had a clinic visit about a month ago my neuro told me I needed to see OT for my curling fingers before they get worse, she said they'd give me a splint and teach some type of finger stretches. So she made the referral but they still have not called me to set up the appointment. I will try to call tomorrow and see what the hold up is.

I have the same pain in my wrist but worse in my shoulder, i think my triceps weakened faster than my biceps. I use a powerful topical CBD oil called Flow, which we get in Washington, Oregon has restrictions on strength of cannabis products. Flow helps a lot and puts me to sleep.

I also had a hand pt make splints for my hands.

When it gets really bad I do Morphine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back