Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
City
ZAGREB
usually, when i wake up in the morning at working day, my legs are still tired. now, i slept for 2 days (didnt get out of bed), my legs are recovered.
i have als for 2,5 yrs and i still walking without help. step by step, but i do 500 meters. goal is 4000 steps/day.
i know that it will happen one day, but i dont know how and when (wheelchair). suddenly? how? after laying 3 days? simply: cant walk anymore...?
i'm listening to my legs. (un)fortunatelly, still dont hear anything.

You can get your chair before you even think you require it. If it's taking days to recover from a small distance traveled already, it sounds like a chair may be warranted sooner rather than later.

Some people use the chair as a way to foster energy. If you only have a finite number of steps in you before you are too fatigued and need to recover for a day, a wheelchair can help extend the daily activities you can do. For example- Use it while grocery shopping so your legs have the energy to have a nice walk with your family/friends.

Get the chair ASAP. I got mine over six months ago and don't regret it. I don't use it yet but if I were to go somewhere that I needed to walk over 1/2 mile, I would need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back