Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Savannah
I wrote this when my husband died in 2013. It has been 4 years and in that time, a dear friend lost her son to this disease, and I have a dear sweet friend who is battling daily. “In a few hours, four years ago, you left us. Here I am, wide awake, dreading the morning. If I knew then what I know now, this night would have been spent differently. I would hold your fragile body close and tell you how much I love you. How you made me a better person. How much you changed my life when we met. What a good, caring man you were, always thinking of us before yourself. Let me tell you now, I loved you then, and I love you now. You make me a better person. I want to be brave, just like you, fighting for family and fighting for your life. I remember that day like it was yesterday. That moment when you said “call Hospice and call the pastor”. How I want back that day. Just another moment to hold you and tell you I love you. Another moment with you....That day, November 27, 2013 at 10:21 a.m., my life changed forever. C. Smith

I am praying for a cure right along with you. This is a horrible disease that slowly takes everything from our PALS and us as CALS.

Such beautiful words for your husband. I bet he knew...

Thank you for reminding us to hold on tight and not to let that moment pass.

So sorry for your loss!

I'm praying for a cure, too. Your husband has been set free of this monster and you WILL see him again. I believe that with every fiber of my being. God bless you this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back