03/2017
Country
US
State
CA
City
Glendale
Hi All,

A friend of mine, who is caring for her sister that has ALS, was wondering if you (if you have ALS) or your PALS (if you are a caregiver) ever received cortisone shots in your spine pre-ALS diagnosis? My husband, who has ALS, did get multiple shots, and we are fairly certain that there is no correlation between the two, but my friend’s sister also received them and was wondering if there are any other PALS who did.

Thank you,

SP

My PALS did, but only because they were trying to rule out everything else before committing to an ALS diagnosis.

I think my PALS had them in his shoulder before rotator cuff surgery.

My dad was given one in his knee only because he had fallen and hurt it....little did we know that his falls were all ALS related...He would have gotten his shot in October of 2016, only to find out on November 30, 2016 he had ALS, which now that I think of it he had symptoms for a few years prior to that...but really me not being a doctor how was I to know...and of course to this day he still doesn't let on, nor tells me anything that is going on until I confront him...

Nope. No cortisone shots here.

Angie

nope not for my Chris.

No cortisone shots for my dad, either.

Mine did not have them before diagnosis, but has had several since then to control pain.

Yep four times - lower back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back