Newspaper story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn good thing we can all read Finnish.

for those who didn't notice, Inventor is from Finland.

how did you read it....its not in English :(

If you use Chrome browser, there's an option to translate. Not sure about other browsers, sorry!

how did you read it....its not in English :(

I didn't really read it but some of the verbiage seemed to have ALS words.

I found it to be in Finland because I could see the country identifier on the link.

Wonderful story of your battle Riku!

Oh-ho! Tillie got the translate app to work! Mine simply gave up...

Got a chance to talk about the current problems in drug development. There are promising drugs that could be legally used for experimental treatment. The only problem is finding a brave enough doctor.

Thank you for sharing Riku and for all you do

Riku- Thanks for posting that! I enjoyed the picture of you and your daughter. I can only imagine how bright she is!

There is mention in the article of a drug in development in Finland. That's pretty exciting. Google translate isn't as high quality as I had hoped, so it wasn't clear to me if you will be participating in a trial for it or not. Radicava has totally taken over the airwaves these days, so it's nice to see mention of other potential drugs.

Thank you again for posting this.

There is a drug under development that is currently undergoing clinical testing for another disease but has some encouraging preclinical results regarding ALS as well. While an ALS trial is still years away, it would be legal for a doctor to prescribe it as an experimental treatment, if the drug developer would provide it free of charge. Unfortunately we have so far not been able to find a brave enough doctor to take responsibility of such experimental treatment. In the article I said that it would probably be sensible to give priority to such patients that could expect a measurable effect from the treatment. I am already way beyond that.

I think translation from Finnish to English needs a bit of work. The line that really gave me a chuckle is "- Nevertheless, the pin goes back to a whack."

Riku - love your blog and the ALS supplements wiki.

Thank you, Riku, for sharing. Your daughter is so sweet. You are doing such an important work, thank you for all of the information on your website about ALS

Riku,

Thank you so much. I admire you and all you do for the ALS community.

Please come here more often. I know you post on ALSTDI but we love it when you come here, too.

I think translation from Finnish to English needs a bit of work. The line that really gave me a chuckle is "- Nevertheless, the pin goes back to a whack."

That's a tough one even for a human translator "However I still tend to lose my temper when people hassle around without thinking". No way to say that with three words in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back