Diagnosis
10/2016
Country
US
State
OR
City
Hillsboro
Having trouble with persistent nausea since my radicava nightmare. My doctor and dietician have me started on a slow drip feed with a kangaroo pump in an effort to get more calories in me. I struggle to break 1000 a day. I am trying to figure out how to sleep with this and not pull the tube out. Any suggestions? I am looking at 20 hour continuous feeds.

Not to change the channel, but 20 hours and 1000 calories is 50 calories an hour -- hard to see the nausea as calories per se. So just to consider what those calories are -- have you tried real blenderized food or alternative formulae at all?

Yes, I changed formulas, the goal is to get up to 1500 calories, and feed rate is a contributing issue to the nausea. We are starting at 20 hr feeds for a few days, then slowly increasing the rate to reduce the duration.

Have they checked your blood pressure and heart rate? I ask because Brian had trouble back in April with feedings, and there is a pathway that leads from the stomach and affects cardiac function.

He currently runs at 30 cc/hr of 2 Cal./24 hrs That way he can get calories, but get them slowly. He stays on his back so pulling the tube is not an issue for him, however if you tape the tube to your tummy securely I don't think you should have an issue unless you move a ton. Also you could put some tape around the end of the feed bag tube where it attaches to your tummy tube. Wrap them together so it can't pull apart there.

Hugs

Sue

My blood pressure is normal, heart rate has been elevated due to low pottasium but is lowering now that I am getting more food in me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back