01/2016
Country
US
State
Kansas
City
Middle America
Hello,

I'm in my power chair full time and have read about altering the crotch/backside of pants to make toileting easier.

Before I start cutting away on my clothes (I'm having a hard time with this one...) I think I will start with some yoga or sweat pants.

Any suggestions or ideas to share? :???:

Thank you very much,
CarolSue

Reactions: bhg
CarolSue, check out the web site “ALS from Both Sides”. You’ll find a wealth of info as well as detailed instructions on how to alter pants. Good luck!!

Oh boy, I checked it out and I was hoping for something simpler. Thanks for the link, but if anyone else has a simpler method, like for yoga type pants let me know!

CarolSue

We had zippers put it down both sides of my PALS sweat pants down to teach knee with velcro at the bands. It works great for using the handheld urinal.

My alteration job was unsuccessful... I just don't know what to do. if I have any pants/shorts on (my husband has to put them on me)I cannot get them off or pulled down for a potty break. Right now I'm running around naked from the waist down, sitting on a hand towel, covered with a blanket. I hate it!!

I am sorry. A skirt won't work? My sister never wore pants after she was in a chair. Preferred style- slightly full just below knee length it wasn't hard to pull up out of the way during transfer

The simplest thing we did was buy stretchy athletic pants and open the seam up the back from the crotch to the waist, leaving the elastic waistband intact. Sit down and the open wide up! I'm not sure if it would work as well for a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back