Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
I just started using thickeners in my coffee and discovered they are not all the same. Can anyone recommend one that doesn't change the taste?

This page and the two linked to it have a lot of good resources for homemade and commercial thickeners. Baby food rice cereal and Cream of Wheat or Cream of Rice are examples of relatively neutral thickeners that are listed.

I'm wondering why you can put a commercial link in?

Don't get me wrong I think links in response to questions are wonderful, I just see so many have their threads edited because of this.

We found that while they didn't always 'taste' it was hard for Chris to get used to textures being added to some things - so he could tolerate 'thick it' in coffee but just couldn't come at thickened tea. You may also find it helps to build it up - start with a small amount and increase each day?

What brand had an actual taste to it?

This University of Pittsburgh Medical Center series of pages provides links to each of the major brands, so we are demonstrably not selling anything in particular. It also provides for homemade alternatives, so we are not even selling the idea of commercial thickeners. We have always supported links in that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back