Other
Country
US
State
ct
City
sr
Hi everyone,
I do not have als that I know of. I have always had tons of energy until only about three weeks ago. Suddenly I am so exhausted I can hardly do anything. It's even hard to drive. I basically feel like you do when you have a flu. Just plain fatigued. My arms and legs both feel very weak and heavy. I really don't have any twitches except in my eyelid, though I know eyelid twitches are very common, but it has been pretty constant for the last few weeks. They both started at the same time. Does this sound like the beginning of als? My grandmother's cousin died of als a long time ago, I guess that probably qualify as running in the family though. Please any advice would be appreciated. Thanks:(

OOps, I mean't to say that probably does not qualify as running in the family.

carisa,

Have you been to a doctor about your fatigue? What you are experiencing could be anything from a vitamin deficiency (such as B12) to a viral infection.

You should probably go to your GP and get some blood tests done. This doesn't sound like ALS. But if you are really worried that it is, do as Jeff suggested.

Good luck!

thank you jimercat,

I did go to the doctors yesterday. I had a lot of bloodwork done. I was found to have anemia, which does make you weak. Maybe that is it. They are also looking to see if I have mononuclesis. I have had it twice, so it is unlikely that i have it again. Thanks again for the response.

Carisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back