06/2016
Country
US
State
Arizona
City
Mesa
Hello everyone,
In the past weeks my mom has experienced an interesting symptom. Some times during the day or night, she feels like she has had an accident, but when we lift to clean her up, there is nothing. Not pee, not poop, not sweat. It's confusing to us and upsetting to my mom. She says it's not like a little escaped, she feels like she's sitting on a small puddle of "slush" poop and is so embarrassed and upset when it happens.

Just wanted to know if anyone knows what this is all about or if anyone else has experienced this.

-Erika

She has been on a decline these Last few weeks too, taking breaks to catch her breath every 2-3 hard -to-understand words. She also hasn't been able to move or roll to her side since February. I wonder if it's a combination of being on her bottom 24/7 and her co2 levels raising and playing tricks on her mind.

Depending on the seating surface, gas can feel like a liquid.

I have sheepskin over ROHO, and it occasionally feels like that for me.

Depending on the seating surface, gas can feel like a liquid.

I have sheepskin over ROHO, and it occasionally feels like that for me.

Ditto, it's a bit disconcerting at first and then still on occasion - " did I just shart?"

I never considered gas being it, thanks GregK.
Yes notBrad, It is definitely that kind of feeling. I will let her know it's nothing to worry about. :)
-Erika

Just want to post a small update. Hope it is useful info for others. After my mom's nurse agrees that gas can be what's causing this sensation, but in her case, it is more likely that she is developing a sore on her bottom. It is only a stage one, but there are some darker areas. The best thing to do is to put her on her side, and keep her clean and hydrated, but she can't stand being on her side. It's too painful. She will only take morphine at night before bed, so that's the only time we can try and really turn her. She continues to take liquids through tube, but feeding are decreasing. Still, we try what we can. Just hope it's enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back