Diagnosis
07/1998
Country
US
State
California
City
Benicia
This is a short television spot in which I participated. It aired in the San Francisco Bay Area on Sunday, November 4, 2007.

Mike

An outstanding segment, there was more in that 1 minute piece than in some of the segments on TV lately.

Have to ask, do you use a cheek switch to click?

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I use a cheek switch that I put together myself. See item 4 on this page of my website for photos. :-D

Mike

For Mike

Hi Mike, You are an inspiration as I said of Augie in my post concerning his segment today on the Today Show. Awareness ! There is more this past year. My Best to you, Beebe

Excellent segment Mike........good for you!

Thanks!

My husband needed to see that. I want him to continue writing music, that was truly a blessing for him to see! Thanks
Annette

Thanks Mike! And love your website! Very informative!

Cool, Mike! Great work. Cindy

I'd seen that before just forgot about. I was thinking about that in combination with one of the eye tracking systems. At this point I'm still typing but I have a tendency to try and plan ahead :) My understanding is that the eye tracking systems use a dwell time to click which I think would irritate me. If a cheek switch or something similar could be used in conjunction it would make things quicker. I saw what I assume is a camera on your laptop. Is that an eye tracking system?

Hi Jeff,

No, that is a head pointer. it tracks a reflective dot on the brim or my hat, so that when I move my head, the cursor moves.

I could be wrong but I believe all eye tracking systems also have an 1/8 inch input jack for a mouse click switch. You can use any of the many switches available to motor impaired people. :-D

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back