Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
City
Grafton
I accidentally double post on here sometimes because my fingers shake and so they double click the track pad by accident. On my phone I have the same problem trying to type or scroll. My shaky fingers accidentally double click which usually brings up some type of menu option I didn't mean to open. Yesterday I tried to dip an oreo in milk and my thumb and first finger shook so badly that I couldn't hold the oreo.

Is the shakiness just the weakness or is it something else?

For me the shakes seemed to come from muscles trying too hard too weak

I am having lots of trouble typing now, I move my wrist and my fingers go mad like they are trying to play drums. It's more of a rhythmic twitch than tremor though.
I use speech to text a lot now and when I do type I wedge a stylus in between two of my fingers and fist my hand loosely. It doesn't twitch so much then.
My doctor said it was an upper motor neurone sign.
Wendy

I've had tremors for most of my life. They are no worse now than they were pre-ALS. My fingers do lack coordination.

Kristina- I have tremors too- very specifically my pinkie and ring fingers in both hands, but worse on my most affected side. I was just speaking to my doc about it today and wondering if it was driven by one of my meds. He thinks not. It gets worse when I need to grip something tighter, so it's likely a strength thing.

Hey Kristina.
I've noticed the nasty double-hit too. Guess I should start using the speech to text. I think (in my opinion) it's kinda like when I would write pages of stuff, and tire my hand out ("ooooooo hand cramp" and shake it off). Being as I can't use my left hand anymore, it's now happening on my right.
(And wow, I also need to relax. Can't speed text with the right hand, darn it all!! That took FOREVER to type!)

Angie

Thanks for the feedback! After reading what everyone wrote and thinking more on when it happens I think it is the weakness. It seems to happen when I am isolating the use of my weak thumb and finger muscles, in small fine motor movements (eg pincer grasp, using first finger, doing a button, holding a pen etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back