Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
City
Grafton
I have an upcoming consult with the GI people for a feeding tube. What kinds of questions should I ask them at my appointment? I was told it would be a short (20 min) procedure, and then an overnight at hospital for observation.

My breathing numbers are good but the pulmonologist at clinic recommended I do the consult anyway due to choking/swallowing issues.

Neuro said I still have time and don't need to rush into it. I'm pretty good on most solids and only slightly modify my diet. However I am constantly dehydrated because drinking is arduous, and taking medication is really tough. I'm at the point where I've discontinued all non-prescription meds, so I'm no longer taking any vitamins or supplements because it's just too hard.

If I get the tube it will be used only for hydration and meds for now.

Last edited:
They didn't say, but later I realized probably because my breathing is good.

Kristina, that is exactly the reason that I got my tube and I have had no problems at all. I use it three times a day for all my meds and all my vitamins. I am glad I have it because some of the meds. and vitamins taste terrible and without the tube I would not take them.
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back