Old 08-10-2017, 02:23 PM #1 (permalink)

City: Hillsboro
State: OR
Diagnosed: 10/2016
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
KW1234 is on a very distinguished road
City: Hillsboro
State: OR
Diagnosed: 10/2016
KW1234 is on a very distinguished road
Default Eyelids

My muscles controlling my eyelids are getting weaker and I am struggling to keep my eyes open. Does anyone have suggestions?
KW1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
Benals (08-13-2017)
Old 08-10-2017, 02:55 PM #2 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to behold
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Eyelids

I experience this in one eye. There was a thought it may be related with one of my meds, but has proven not to be so. The only thing my doctor could advise was to keep my eyes well lubricated with eye drops to reduce resistance and make sure no damage was done if less blinking was an issue. I am also waiting on an appointment with a neuro- ophthalmologist. I am sorry you are experiencing this. I hope one of the many other members here has a solution.
ShiftKicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShiftKicker For This Useful Post:
KateEmerson (08-10-2017), KW1234 (08-10-2017)
Old 08-10-2017, 03:10 PM #3 (permalink)

City: Boston
State: MA
Diagnosed: 09/2013
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
KateEmerson has a spectacular aura aboutKateEmerson has a spectacular aura aboutKateEmerson has a spectacular aura about
City: Boston
State: MA
Diagnosed: 09/2013
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
KateEmerson has a spectacular aura aboutKateEmerson has a spectacular aura aboutKateEmerson has a spectacular aura about

KW I hope you don't mind me adding on here. My PALS is also having this problem especially in one eye, I had just been thinking of asking the same question. I need to find a solution so can use his Tobii. Thank you Shiftkicker, I'll start with trying your Dr's recommendation. Kate
KateEmerson is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
KW1234 (08-10-2017)
Old 08-10-2017, 08:22 PM #4 (permalink)

City: Tucson
State: AZ
Diagnosed: 12/2013
azgirl is just really niceazgirl is just really niceazgirl is just really niceazgirl is just really nice
City: Tucson
State: AZ
Diagnosed: 12/2013
azgirl is just really niceazgirl is just really niceazgirl is just really niceazgirl is just really nice

Yes my right eye is slow to open especially when waking up. Don't notice it much during the day
azgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
KW1234 (08-10-2017)
Old 08-11-2017, 03:05 PM #5 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Orlando
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 12/2010
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Atsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud of
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Orlando
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 12/2010
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Atsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud of

I don't have ALS, but I do have trouble opening my right eye. It likes to stay closed in the morning, in bright son, and when I'm on the computer.

Just some input.
Atsugi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
muscles