Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
City
Grafton
It it common to have what feels like a normal strength at first but which suddenly gives out after a few moments with no feeling of strain before hand? For example picking up and object and feeling "normal" but after a few moments it drops from your hand even though you didn't feel any warning that this would happen?

Yes, I'm noting that in areas where I have lost strength. I think it's due to fatigue of the remaining muscle tissue.
Karen

Hey Kristina!
I had that for a while till I lost the use of my left hand entirely.
I find with my right hand now I can hold things but I know when I have to put them down because I start shaking like a leaf!
Angie

Hey Kristina!
I had that for a while till I lost the use of my left hand entirely.
I find with my right hand now I can hold things but I know when I have to put them down because I start shaking like a leaf!
Angie

Thanks, it's weird, my left hand is my weaker hand so I already know I cant carry things with it, so I use my right hand instead. But lately my right hand drops everything after a few moments! I've started to have this weird disembodied way of describing events- like, *I* didn't drop the cup, *my hand* dropped the cup. As if we are strangers.

I get the shaking thing with my leg. For example when I drive our stick shift car, if I try to push the clutch in to switch gears my leg shakes like crazy.

"I get the shaking thing with my leg. For example when I drive our stick shift car, if I try to push the clutch in to switch gears my leg shakes like crazy."

Kristina,
I experience the same when I push the brakes. This is called Clonus. Be careful when driving!

As per another thread, Kristina please seriously consider whether you should be driving at all - I am sure you would have difficulty coping in a sudden situation on the road.

To clarify, this a problem in the stick shift only. I'm fine in our automatic vehicle. Though I have cut back on driving in general, and only drive distances under 15 min now by myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back