04/2014
Country
US
State
ct
City
stratford
Hi,
The past week or so my husband will ask me to put on the Trilogy but after a few minutes he wants it off and I immediately have to suction him but he won't put it back on. I feel that he's asking for it for a reason but just a few minutes a day isn't going to help. He won't explain to me why he wants it off. He's very angry and miserable and won't ever tell me how he's feeling. Does the trilogy cause you to have more mucus and saliva? I just wish I could understand what's going on.

It shouldn't. Have you checked that the humidifier is working, hoses and filters are clean? Are you using distilled water? It could also be that the settings need adjusting -- for example, if he's getting too much air and/or too fast.

I have found, if anything, that the Trilogy helps dry and reduce some of the saliva. I do need to sleep on my side, with chin down and facing into the pillow. Then when I relax into sleep, saliva drains forward and not back down the throat.
_______
Bruce

You may want to try the sip and puff settings during the day. Sometimes a pals just needs quick puff of air.
Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back