Diagnosis
12/2016
Country
US
State
Florida
City
West Melbourne
I decided to go ahead and get this done. At the Mayo today meeting with staff and the procedure is tomorrow. I decided I am losing too much weight and not staying hydrated due to swallowing issues. Interesting that they told me today they were going to do a regional spinal block and only twilight anesthesia. It is also done in an outpatient clinic. Looking forward to it.......Not. ;-)

Bruce

Best of luck!

Bruce,
You will be fine and it'll be over. You've been doing a lot of things at once and this is just another thing that will be out of the way so you can focus on your home and all the good things Florida has to offer.

I wish for you an uneventful procedure and a very quick and relatively painless recovery.

Fiona

Hope all goes smoothly. It was not nearly as bad as I expected. They kept the overnight for observation because of breathing issues. First 48 hours were pretty rough, but doing pretty well six days later.

I'm glad you are doing this now, the earlier the better for sure. Let us know how you are as soon as you can. Indeed the first couple of days can be rough, but rest up and take pain relief and hydrate yourself :)

I am on day 13. I was awake but they gave me fentanyl to calm me. That and lidocaine injections in my stomach. Mine took longer as my stomach was high near my ribs but they got it. They were able to keep my head elevated so I could breathe ok. First 24 hours was pretty painful, they kept me overnight.

Glad you are getting it out of the way. We will be thinking about you!

Think of it as 15 minutes of procedure followed by a couple of rough days. Unpleasant but livable. You'll wonder why you put it off.
Vincent

Best of luck Bruce. I think you will be happy after the recovery as to how much of your energy it will save in staying hydrated and getting enough calories. Kate

Hey Bruce, good luck to ya. It turned out for me to be a simple procedure an over night to be watched a few uncomfortable days and now it's over and out of the way. Easy to learn to live with.
Love ya
Chally

Hello there Bruce, good decision, I had mine done about a year ago. It took about 30 minutes no pain and no after effects, I felt fine and was using it the next day. Hope yours goes like mine.
Good luck pal
Al

Best wishes ! !

Hope it goes smoothly!

Best,
Laurie

Thanks everyone. It went pretty smooth today. Can't say the 2 hour drive home crammed in a Porsche Boxter was a lot of fun. We have a Odessey and a pickup that have nice reclining seats. We didn't think that through very well but I managed. Almost called Kim's transportation service :)) Some pain and think I will sleep on the recliner tonight. Certainly don't regret my decision.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back