03/2017
Country
us
State
TX
City
ooooooo
Hi everyone,

I have a question about my dad. He's been unable to go to the bathroom since last Sunday. He has a Peg tube. My mom has been giving him over the counter, prune juice, water, liquid laxatives and has taken him to an urgent care and was given another liquid laxative from that doc and has had an enema and nothing is working. My mom has sent an email to the PA at the ASL clinic to see what she can do. He's in so much pain and completely miserable and on top of that his legs are getting weaker so walking will be gone soon. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

If there is something there that he can't push out, manual evacuation may be necessary. Is your mom or someone else around the home able to do that?

Apart from that, our standbys were salsa and coffee (not at the same time). Hydration and overall nutrition are still important, as this can be very dehabilitating.

Best,
Laurie

My go to when things aren't moving is senna tea but it sounds like you have tried lots of laxatives and as Laurie suggests, manual evacuation is the next step.

The doctor said there was no blockage so not sure what can be done.

I spoke to my mom this morning and he finally is going to the bathroom, but now he is feeling sick and is miserable. My mom is waiting on the ALS nurse to let her know what she can do to make him feel better. I feel so bad for him and my mom is so tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back