Diagnosis
11/2015
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
London
My Mom has ALS and recently she is no longer able to stay home alone. My brother was in exams and then has finished the year at university, so he has been home most of the time. However, he will be starting a summer job in July and I don't know what we will do once he starts. We currently have PSWs come twice a day, but we do not qualify for a lot more than that. Do you have any suggestions on what we could do?

Thanks,

TM95

TM,
Welcome! We will help however we can. Sorry to hear about your mom.

Is your financial situation between you and your brother, coupled with your mother's resources, not enough to support more in-home care? Could one of you move in and trade off care with someone else/each other? I don't know how things work in Canada in that respect, so sure our Canucks will chime in.

Best,
Laurie

Get in touch with your CCAC case manager. Then call the ALS Society regional manager. Between those 2 you should be able to come up with more hours. Is she on hospice care, that can be a trick to get more hours. This is something that with some rattling cages can be made to work.
Vincent

I think Vincent is right those are probably the best places to try.
Al

Thank you for the help. We have set up a meeting with CCAC to figure out what more help we can get from them.

Thanks,

TM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back