Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lancaster
I have had headaches for quite a while now. But lately am feel fall over tired often and seeing "floaters" and "stars" is the CO2 build up?

I have googled it and find tiredness as part of it but nothing about the "bright floaters". I do have clinic in two weeks and will mention it but thought I would ask.

It could be. Vision is controlled by the brain. See the attached diagram.

Attachments

• 270px-Main_symptoms_of_carbon_dioxide_toxicity.svg.png
    270px-Main_symptoms_of_carbon_dioxide_toxicity.svg.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 546
Pete, how is your blood pressure? Have you noticed a rapid heart beat? Are you getting enough hydration during the day?

My blood preasure and hydration are fine

You can develop floater at any time in your life. As for me, I have aliens in my eyes.
Patrick

My question really is can CO2 build up effect vision? Do any of our past caregivers remember their PALS commenting on this?

I've have floaters. I was told they were from being very nearsighted all my life. And, to watch out for bright flashes or more floaters because that could indicate a detached retina. Very serious.

Tripete, I agree that having your pupils dilated / an eye exam might be a consideration since as you can see from the diagram visual changes are usually with a higher level of CO2 retention and from what you now say, you don't seem to be suffering most of the others apart from fatigue. Flashes can also suggest a more benign vitreous detachment but worth checking out.

But it is still possible that for whatever reason you don't have as many symptoms of CO2 retention as other people and yours are more around fatigue and visual changes.

Best,
Laurie

Laurie, what are the other signs of CO2 retention?

Pete Laurie is referring to the diagram in her first reply. I can barely read it on my computer, but it lists symptoms of CO2 retention.

hey Pete, this can be answered with a simple serum CO2 test.

OK I understand now. Everything on there does apply except the blood pressure/heart rate and hearing. I will speak with doctor a week from Wednesday. I am sure there is nothing that they can do anyway.

I've had floaters for as long as I can remember. i recently also had a pretty good 'C' shaped flash in my L eye. The eye doc checked it out to be sure it wasn''t a retinal detachment. It's simply the goo in my eyes drying with age.

I had more floaters in my 30s than I do now. I also had migraines in my 40s and they pretty much went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back