03/2017
Country
US
State
Ca
City
San Diego
Which devices have worked best for you?

What platform are we talking about -- iOS, Android, Mac, Windows...and with what muscles anywhere in the body if any to work with in terms of typing/mousing/switch control?

I have bulbar-onset ALS. My speech is currently slow, slurred and horse. It is on the way out, so I want to be ready for the next step. I can still type with my hands, although left hand is getting progressively weaker.
Sue

I've lost movement in my hands recently so I switched to a fancy hi tech head mouse from Quha Zono;it has a gyroscope inside so it is good to use anywhere . I point mouse at an on screen keyboard from Click 2 Speak. Will transition easily to eye gaze soon.

Hi Sue, I use Tobii Dynavox with an Ipad works very well. It is type to speak, comes with about twenty five languiges and it is portable take it anywhere. the ALS society sent me to a meeting to view the different tools available and this is the one I chose.
Al

Does your clinic have an assistive technology resource? Some do and you can try out different things. Ask if they do or if there is somewhere they can refer like a major rehab center

What are the thoughts on the neuro switch? it is expensive I know. Thanks (I do not say that enough here)

I think Tobii Dynavox is better.

do you have both neroswitch and tobii to compare? if so, which one is better and why? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back