Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
1. This is for US members with medicare or private insurance only. There will be a separate VA poll. If this is an issue in other countries and you want to poll this feel free to do so or request my help to do so

2 this is for people who got their chair through insurance or tried to do so. Only vote if you went through medicare or private insurance to get your chair. The time is from first request until you were sitting in your chair

3. If you meet the above criteria but your answer is not there feel free to post it in replies

4 if you voted but want to add comments post I voted x but.....

Thanks everyone

Last edited:
We had private insurance. Darcey had not yet been diagnosed with ALS (though it was believed that her earlier CIDP diagnosis was incorrect). It was while she was at the hospital getting an IVIG that she fell while transferring from the electric scooter into the passenger seat of the van. The hospital was unprepared to get her up and off the pavement... and I was unable to do so alone. Ultimately, several passersby folks (hospital employees who removed their badges and announced that they were only acting as individuals) helped get her up and into a hospital provided wheelchair. We then called an ambulance to take her home while I followed in the car. Funny the things one remembers...

Jim

Medicare with Florida Blue Cross Supplement. Evaluated late December. Just received approval two weeks ago. Issue with Medicare not paying for elevator function. Resolved. Was advised I'd receive my chair within the next "few" weeks. I'll answer the survey when the chair comes. Some of the holdup was me being stubborn and insisting on more models being brought to my house. The biggest holdup was between my doctor and the provider each saying the other didn't return/receive faxed paperwork. Once the paperwork went to Medicare, they approved within a few weeks.

I have Medicare primary and blue cross of Texas secondary, was measured and evaluated mid Feb. Found out today that Medicare wants a second evaluation which is scheduled for June19. Once medicare approves, blue cross requires 30 days to review. I am thinking it may be Sept before I see it. Fortunately I got a loaner from the als association. Very frustrating. We are paying for the elevate function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back