06/2014
Country
Us
State
Ma
City
Boston
Hi all,
Topic has been probably addressed every which way. But when I search, I haven't pin pointed exactly my PALS cough on any threads. It is a like a dry light cough (not from deep within or sounds mucus related), and its just there. Not every minute...maybe a couple time every half hour? I try to (as you recall I have to be careful with my approach) ask do you have a cold? No, was the response a couple of weeks ago, my recent inquiry was, yah have some sort of cough. I would think it would be worse at night, but when I go to listen I don't hear it.

Any thoughts/insights....I guess what scares me is, what if this has the beginnings of respiratory infections, issues, etc. Ugh.

Are you taking nuedexta? I find that it makes me cough.

i had that kind of a cough. Turned out to be allergic to a new medication.

Yes he is taking Nuedexta...thank you, interesting.

It could be laryngospasms. Next visit to the doctor can you bring it up and have it checked? It was one of my husbands early bulbar symptoms.

If it is in the throat and dry it's not likely to be pneumonia starting when it's been happening now for weeks.

I'm not sure if your husband is also taking statins, but they can also cause a persistent dry cough as well.

my husband had it too, and over time it became much worse and hard on him.. unfortunately we tried so many things but nothing helped.

Hi Barbie,
Can you tell me how it went..over time it became much worse? Can I ask what ultimately happened? I don't feel this cough is an allergic reaction so the reason for the probe if you don't mind me asking. Many thanks,

ACE inhibitors can cause nagging cough as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back