Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
wv.
City
renick
Well I am glad to say my feed tube surgery went well and I am recovering good these last six days.

I guess what I like to pass on from the experience is what I had heard from the folks that had it done before me.
Even though this can be a simple procedure it still takes it's toll on our bodies.
I had waited until now to have it done and with still yet good stamina ,endurance and some strength I was shocked at how much my decline has progressed these last six days.

So as it was said before it is better to get this procedure done before ya need it rather then wait and be fatigued. It's not that big a deal having a tube hanging out your belly, sort of how I accepted all the trappings of getting older e.g. Glasses,denture,
first denial then ah hell moving on! Haha
Thank you all for your support through this stage. Love ya
Chally

Good for you chally, hope you get back to your fighting form quickly. I had mine done early at the suggestion of the neurologist and glad I did. Are you using yours yet.
Al

Wishing you a speedy recovery Chally. No doubt with your spirit you will bounce back soon! Love to you!

God Bless you Chally...From what I've seen you are a positive member of this Forum...Good luck and take care!

so true Chally and we try to tell folk, but it doesn't often get through.

You rest up man, I'm so glad you have done it now and are on the mend, even if more slowly than you expected 💜

Rest Chally and keep up your spirits.

P.s. Try to take it easy when uou use the peg. Work up to a full feed. Davin told me to heat the liquid for like 10 seconds in the microwave so it was slightly warmed to prevent cramps.

Chally, glad it's done but sorry it took a toll. Rest, work through the feeding process and likely you'll get closer to where you were a few days ago.

Best,
Laurie

Chally, glad you're recovering. Hoping you are able to swiftly accommodate the change and regain some energy.

Fiona

Glad to hear that went well, Chally. Rest up so that you can again kick your heels in spite of ALS!

My best to you!!

Jim

Get some rest, Chally. You might just feel better once the thing heals and you get used to it. Have you decided on any particular formula?

So glad it went well Chally! Hope you get back to your normal self soon!

Thank you all my friends!
Each day I am getting to feel better!
The sunshine helps!
Only flushing twice a day for now getting use to it. I can still eat by mouth for now .i will look on the thread about pegs for formulas and food blending and consistency.
Love ya all
Chally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back