Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
City
Grafton
I'm supposed to start nudexta, but my doctor asked me to hold off until after my swallow study. I had the MBS yesterday and while I did aspirate on the thin liquids portion, I did fine on everything else. I picked up the Nudexta prescription and noticed it is in a capsule. Does anyone know if I could just break open the capsule and poor the powder or liquid (whichever it is) into applesauce or something?

I can't get the prescription bottle top open (because of hand weakness), so I'm waiting for my husband to get home before experimenting with that. But does anyone else do this? It is not a time-release drug right, so it should be ok to do that?

Sure, my wife puts them in with my other meds that she crushed and puts it all through my peg.

Yes I open the capsule and mix the powder with liquid to give to my PALS through the PEG. Our neuro said it was ok to do so and that it is not a time release formula.

Thank you both! This is perfect.

Has the medication helped?

I'm not sure, I only just started it. Could be a coincidence, but I had the best day for speech that I've had in months yesterday (even though i'm not taking it for speech, but for emotional control).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back