Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Arlington
How or what can I do to allow the Hoyer life to work on a carpeted floor?

ours worked fine on carpet Mitch.

tc

Our Hoyer lift worked fine on our carpet. Maybe the company can suggest something.

The hoyer lift that we received on loan from the ALS Association was impossible on carpet. We had the carpet replaced with hardwood laminate flooring, and still had problems with the lift. Then we got new casters. Now the lift doesn't make my wife want to curse at it.

If it's a loaner, the casters are likely worn -- agree w/ B, definitely try to clean them/replace them if needed. Also, like while driving, try to turn/reverse smoothly so the wheels go the right ways.

I would check the castors too - mine was fine on carpet

We got rid of all carpets. Even after we switched to a ceiling lift system (way better than Hoyer lift) the hardwood and laminate flooring helped with everything on wheels, like the Raz chair and medical equipment carts and dollies.

I've never been a fan of carpet, I think hard floors are so much cleaner ... but I digress from the question ...

Check the coasters/ wheels. Ours had strands of hair wrapped around them. Must've picked them up ad we go from carpet area to tiles to tiled bathroom. Works ok now on our carpet, but it is low pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back