Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
Has anyone had one of these installed. How do you like it? We had one in the design for my bath remodel. If it doesn't work better than the drying function of my bidet, I won't bother.

Hi Kim,

I am new to the forum. My little sister was diagnosed with ALS in Nov 2016. We are trying to purchase a bidet but she has only some use of her right hand. Any information you could share of the bidet and how it works for you would be helpful.

Thank you,

Lisa

Kim, We didnt go with a dryer because Steve couldnt tolerate warm air....especially warm humid air. As his breathing got worse, he became less tolerant. Some people are intolerant to the cold . Just depends on you.

As for the bidet, on ours you have to be perfectly positioned to feels the effects of the dryer. I am glad we got one because it helped steve keep some dignity

We found keeping the bathroom warm (portable heater) was more helpful than anything in the shower itself, where it does get hot/humid/hard to breathe, and it's tiring to be in a shower chair which is never going to be as comfortable as a well-equipped power chair. So the goal may be to get clean and get out. We always had a poncho ready even before completing towel drying.

Hi Kim,

I am new to the forum. My little sister was diagnosed with ALS in Nov 2016. We are trying to purchase a bidet but she has only some use of her right hand. Any information you could share of the bidet and how it works for you would be helpful.

Thank you,

Lisa

Lisa, if you use the search engine for Bidet, you will probably find a lot of good information. I think a bidet is an essential for someone with ALS but that's just my opinion. I can still walk but it hurts my back to wipe. The bidet takes care of that. The only issue I have with the bidet is that the dryer on it doesn't do a good job BUT it cleans me and I wear sweats so I let them do the rest. I actually have use of both hands and can tend to my needs at this time so, for now, the Bidet is kind of a luxury. I am getting a ceiling lift that should carry me from my bed to the shower or toilet so I hope to use the Bidet for as long as I can.

I have the Bio Bidet 2000.

Thank you Kim! I will be looking into that model. We were talking about them yesterday and wondered how well they clean. You answered that!! Thank you again.

Hi Kim

We are installing a body dryer from Tornado in our bathroom remodel.
Body Dryer - Air Dry instead of Towel Dry -- Inside Shower Stall
<Commercial link removed by Mod>

Our contractor is in discussion with the company and they offered us a pretty good discount.

-Karen

Karen,

The Tornado is also the one I'm getting. I have to check my contractor's quote on it and will ask him to contact the company if it looks high. It's just under $2,000 on Amazon. I haven't checked pricing in other places.

I can't tolerate cold. Tonight I had a group of women over for a movie and I was freezing. Others were too hot! I was in my lift chair, in sweats, with a heating pad on my back. The lift chair has a heater but I like it real hot.

Hi Kim-

I think my contractor got a quote from them around $1400 or $1600. I decided to go with it because I also am super sensitive to cold- I've yet to have a hot flash but I have had plenty of cold flashes. I'm also having trouble with towels, dropping them and finding them too heavy.

Karen

Our house was set at 65...even in the summer. Steve was very comfortable in shortd and a light shirt. I had the sweats, hoodie, and socks on.

Hi Kim-

I think my contractor got a quote from them around $1400 or $1600. I decided to go with it because I also am super sensitive to cold- I've yet to have a hot flash but I have had plenty of cold flashes. I'm also having trouble with towels, dropping them and finding them too heavy.

Karen

Karen,
I had to take off my heavy cotton blanket on my bed because it was too heavy. I find towels to be exhausting, even though I can still walk and use my arms. That's a great price. I'm going to ask my contractor if he spoke with the company.
Thank you. Stay warm.

I dropped a fork full of tuna/avocado/olives today. Ace had it cleaned up in no time. Every PALS should have a dog :)

I wish I'd know about the body dryers before we did our bathroom. We did put a heated floor in the dry section, so I can warm that room up if needed.

As for the towels, I hand Matt a hand towel after his shower and save the large towels for my use. He's almost past doing any drying, but likes to do his face and hair on good days. There is no way he could handle a full sized towel, but the hand towels are very absorbent.

Becky

I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond on Friday. I bought some super light weight towels, both hand and bath. They also dry much more quickly in the dryer and don't seem to get mildew when hung in a hot, humid bathroom. Now, if I can only get Fred to get rid of his 100-pound towels, we'd have less laundry.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back