What do I need to know about Emory and Dr. Glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen73

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atl
My husband has an apt Tues at Emory with Dr. Glass for 2nd opinion on a EMG/Nerve test done in Dec. I will spare you the details at this time. I have read the second opinion thread. My main question is about the experience at Emory and with Dr. Glass. They have told us to expect to be there most of the morning. We are trying to be as prepared as possible in order to get as many answers as possible. They have his records from his neurologist, is there anything else that would be helpful to bring? What is Dr.Glass' personality? What do you wish you knew ahead of time?

Thanks in advance,
Jen

Dr. Glass spoke at the International MND conference in Dublin recently.

Here is a link to a Q&A session that I think has Dr. Glass:
Ask the Expert

I have never met him, but from his research and presentations he seems like one of the best.

I received my second opinion from him, he did not know I was already diagnosed. I tried to get in there first but after a month or more of waiting to see if they would except me I went to DR Pulley in Florida who initially diagnosed me after the EMG. I was literally on my way in to see Dr Pulley when Emory called to set up an appointment the next week. They where thorough and to the point and again the EMG confirmed the end of my life. I did not think much of the ALS nurse there and they never contacted me for a follow up but we moved anyway. They did not know we where moving at the time. My impression is if you use them as your regular clinic and doctor you will have to push them for anything you want or need.

It has been a while since Dr Glass performed my second opinion but I don't remember the process taking most of the morning. Dr Glass is "all business" but still is congenial. The staff is excellent (I have since gone through 3 clinical trials with them). You will also likely see Dr. Fournier (also on the staff and who is my neurologist). Parking is a problem and using valet parking ($8.00 - yes "ouch") eliminates a lot of stress which you certainly don't need at this time. My biggest problem was securing an appointment and getting the initial diagnosis material to Emory. Good Luck ! !

Thank you Peter and Frank. I appreciate your responses.

Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back