Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
WV
City
Sandyville
My local hospice will not accept me unless I give up my trilogy. Took months to get used to it and familiarize myself with all the settings. Don't want to give it up. Besides, they told I would only have a nurse come once every 3 weeks. How does that help me?

Vince

wow that is not acceptable at all Vince :(

Wow, that sucks. As said, find another hospice. Is it possible to get hospice care at home? Good luck.
Vincent

You'll need your PCP to explain to them that the Trilogy isn't a life saving device, but a comfort device.

Vince,

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. As others said, what hospice wants you to do is just not right at all.

Steve

Definitely check with other hospices in your area.

We had hospice with Bob using his trilogy 24/7.
They never even questioned his having it.

They also sent nurses 3x a week and I could have utilized a bath aide a few times a week.

This just doesn't sound right!

Hugs
Joan

Oh Vince, Please try to find another Hospice and or get your PCP to explain the trilogy is not a life sustaining device. Hospice is suppose to help you not make things worse.
I am so sorry you are having to deal with that at this time. I have been thinking of you and sending thoughts and prayers your way.
Katie

Vince, I hope you can get the PCP to find a hospice for you. Its just heartbreaking that any hospice would be this uneducated.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Vince, that is unacceptable. Please get your primary care involved.

It's unfortunate that hospice care will not care for someone on a vent. But according to hospice rules you are no longer considered to be terminal when you are vented.
Patrick

Patrick, I don't think Vince is vented. He is using a Trilogy, just like most of us.

Contacted the only two other hospices that service our area and both said they would not take me because of the trilogy. Screw them. I just won't use hospice.

Vince

Vince, I am beyond ticked off about this. Can you contact your doctor. Someone needs to set them straight. Can you have your doctor get involved or the ALS Association?

Vince, I also think you should contact your local als assoc & get them involved with this.

The fact is that the trilogy is providing comfort & not extending life and someone needs to educate them on this.

This just makes my blood boil.

Hugs
Joan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back