Diagnosis
05/2016
Country
us
State
South Carolina (SC)
City
myrtle beach
live in Myrtle Beach and was here a few months before I was diagnosed with ALS so my ability to meet new people was limited. I feel so isolated, Would love to have a cup of coffee with a PALS!8)

I'm not but wanted to say Hi and welcome. Hope someone chimes in!

I hope someone does too, I am still mobile with left sided symptoms ...dropped foot and loss of small motor skills of left hand. I also have alot of lower back pain due to ALS or the funky limp, not sure,

Within 3 months of moving to Myrtle I was diagnosed, I never got chance to meet many friends and I know find myself being isolatory, focusing on symptoms, not wanting to do anything. I am on Effexor but I am so lonely and sad. I just started seeing a therapist as I confessed to hubbie that I wanted to take a bottle of pills.

This is not who I was. I dont know me anymore!

Have you checked out this ALSA group?

Myrtle Beach Support Group 2nd Saturday of every month
12:00pm

Socastee United Methodist
5575 Dick Pond Rd.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588

For more info contact Lynn Negley at [email protected] or call 843-650-6106

yes, my husband and I went and it was mostly just a caregiver support group, I was nice to meet people but I seemed to be the only one mobile of the PALS. Will try again. Thanks.
;-)

Sorry, in that case I would also ask your clinic and equipment provider to mention your interest to others and transmit contact info if there is any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back