Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
US
State
Kansas
City
Middle America
Just wondering where I would find the odometer on a aPermobil F3? Its new and I can't seem to figure it out.
Thank you,
CarolSue

It is covered on pages 78 and 79 of the Owner's Manual, which I found with a quick google search.

It seems identical to what I do on my Permobil C500:

1. Simultaneously press and hold the two buttons that control the speed setting (the left one reduces the max speed and the right one increases the max speed). Pressing and holding those simultaneously will bring up a menu on the display. Release them once that menu appears.
2. In that menu use the joystick to scroll down to Distance. That will bring up the Distance submenu in the display.
3. In that submenu, you will see your distance travelled since reset on the Trip Distance line.
4. You can reset the trip distance to zero by using the joystick to scroll down to the Clear Trip Distance Line. Once there, move the joystick to the right to clear the trip distance.
5. Use the joystick to scroll to exit and then move the joystick to the right to move back up a menu level.
6. Repeat using the joystick to exit until you have exited the menu system.

Note that once you have exited the menus, the joystick returns to moving the chair, so be a bit cautious about that.

You can explore that menu a bit. I sometimes use it to switch to a 24 hour clock (Yellowstone geyer times are often reported using a 24 hour clock). I also usually use it to set the time when I change time zones or when daylight savings time arrives/departs. It is also nice to use it to dim the display when I am out at night.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this at all. Glad to help if I can.

Steve

Thank you...I will check it out.

CarolSue

I have such a great Numotion rep that he did not include a manual with my chair.....thanks.
CarolSue

Did you google and read the manual online?

Yes i googled it. My controller and what they describe are different. I'm going to have to call a customer service number.

Both of my Permobil wheelchairs came with a nylon pouch containing various tools and the Owners Manual.

I subsequently downloaded a PDF of the Owners Manual so that I could have a softcopy on my phone.

I also downloaded the service manuals for my chairs. There was one for the base, another for the seating system (I have two different seating systems, so downloaded 2 of those), and one for the ICS system.

I have found having the full manual set to be invaluable.

Steve

I think I found the answer. Permobil has a new control module, which you apparently have. I downloaded the Owner's Manual from the Permobil site.

On page 136 of that manual it says to press and hold the hazard button to access the menu I described in my previous post. Once you are in that menu, follow the steps outlined in my previous post.

I will post a link to the manual in a separate post, as it will undoubtedly go to moderation.

Steve

Yes I called the Numotion service department in KC and they didn't know either. They had to call their Permobil rep and then called and told me to press and hold the hazard button and left blinker at the same time. It worked. I have a whopping 1 mile on my chair.....Ha!

Thank you for your help!!
CarolSue

How are you going with getting them to replace it?

Still no answer to my email from Dec 23. Next plan is to place a call. After that his regional VP will get copies of all correspondence and a letter with all Diane's suggestions.

We are taking possession of a Toyota Sienna side entry van with the swivel drivers seat. I've waited so long to have both...power chair and wheelchair accessible van, and now I'm still "waiting". My old loaner Pronto is no longer "road worthy" or house worthy for that matter. It has a problem with stopping on a dime, LITERALLY. If I'm not careful it could throw me out when that happens. So for now I'm doing a lot of scooting around in my rollator. I refuse to add any miles to the chair for fear they will use that as an excuse to be done with me and I'll have no other recourse but to keep the chair. If that is the case I will figure out something on my own. It's depressing for me...and my husband is ready to wring their necks.

I don't know about everyone else, but I've come to the conclusion that some disabled people whether it be from ALS or some other affliction are taken advantage of or screwed over or overcharged or blown off. Sorry, some days I'm just super bitter.

One of the email exchanges I had with the Numotion rep was a bit testy. Early on after ordering the chair, it had been 6 weeks to 2 months and no word about where we were in the process (I was wanting to find about whether my insurance would cover the elevation) I made a comment about getting my Trilogy within 2 weeks of my clinic visit and wished I could hear something back about the chair. I did say that as If having ALS wasn't enough but had to deal with delays/lack of communication...apparently I struck a nerve and I got a lecture about how he had worked with ALS patients for 12 years and knew what we went through. Sorry buddy, but no you really don't and please don't insult me. No, I didn't say that, I've always been cordial with him, but man, these people really bring out the worst in me!

CarolSue

I agree CarolSue, they can definitely bring out the worst in us. I have found myself extremely ticked off multiple times and I am just now starting to order dme. I am sure there is more to come. Good luck with your endeavor. So frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back