Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
WV
City
Sandyville
Lately, every time I exhale while on my trilogy I have these vocalization. Best way to describe it is like a moan. Only on the exhale. Driving me nuts and keeping me awake at night. Anyone else go through this?

Vince

Before I go to bed, I always use my cough assist. It. Helps clearing mucus before bed.

Hey Vince, My trilogy was set to high and use to fart out the sides of the mask and keep me awake. They lowered the pressure from 25. Down to 10 and all is good now. Also I try to keep my lips closed and only breath in through my nose this keeps my mouth from drying out, but once asleep anything can happen. Hospic gave me valuim and I take them once in awhile if I am having rough night. Good luck man! Chally

I went through the moan stage as well. It eventually went away. There was a thread about it at one time. I think it is common but dont know why.

Is the Trilogy set at the lowest possible EPAP? And you may want to deep clean/change the mask as that can be a lining thing when the silicone gets "soft" (note: some masks permit swapping out the lining w/o paying for another shell).

Finally, you could consider decreasing rise time or increasing trigger sensitivity (which means a lower number just like rise time), i.e. reducing exhalation time if/as the time in exhalation may be excessive and related to the sound.

Last edited:
Not the mask making the noise it's me making the noises. I keep my room around 68. No humidifier. I'll try changing some settings.

Vince

Understood, but the mask can augment the volume...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back