Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
VA
City
Round Hill
I do my research and am well connected with lots of resources, but sometimes I feel like when I ask for something specific that is needed from a service provider they don't listen to me.

For medicare funding purposes we need copies of notes from a face to face appt with a primary care doc. But because we are still waiting on an appropriate wheelchair, it will be very difficult to get my PALS in for an office visit. I asked if I could make an appointment and then have doc facetime with my PALS who would be at home with caregiver. They said they could give me a letter saying he has ALS. Then they said call hospice, then they said call PT--UGH. Just need notes from a visit. After 6 phone calls they finally had doc call me and he agreed to facetime option. Faxed notes--all good--but geez....

I feel like I am saying "we are wet and need an umbrella" and people keep trying to give me gloves and scarves and earmuffs, but no umbrella, no matter how many times I ask specifically. So frustrating!!!

Maybe it should be the title of a book :???:

Tracy

It does feel like maybe this is one of those weird dreams where we are speaking english but to everyone else it is coming across as garble ... so glad you did get it sorted out

I know--I keep thinking "I am sure I am speaking English". I think people are so busy trying to solve a problem, they don't take the time to listen to what the problem actually is. If there is one thing I could impress upon service providers it is "Listen, THINK and then offer suggestions/solutions".

T

Or maybe it should be "LISTEN, then see if you can do exactly what is asked, rather than figure out the fastest thing you can do instead." :lol:

I try never to leave it to their imagination what to do.

I am specific and I if they are not onboard, I ask "What would it take to do this?" Usually there's no answer other than, well we usually do something different. "I appreciate that, but I need exactly this."

Mike,
Hence the source of my frustrations. I was extremely specific and no one seemed to be actually listening to me. Everytime they called back with an alternative I would say, "yes, but I need exactly...." and then it would spiral again and again. I even had my daughter sitting next me and she tried--but no..... I frequently find that service providers attempt to solve a problem that they think exists instead of listening to what I am telling them. And believe me, I always call with a solution, they just don't seem to hear me ;-(

I hear ya sister :evil::confused::shock::mad:

sometimes the plainest of explanations still hits a brick wall...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back