09/2016
Country
US
State
WA
City
Shelton
Hi all!

Our house isn't huge, but it is long. So if I call out for help, there's a fair chance my wife won't hear me. So we were wondering if anyone knew of a simple button-press, buzzer/light duo that we could carry around. So if I needed help, I could alert her by just pressing the button on my device, and she could hear the buzzer or tone or possibly see a flashing light on her device.

Does anyone know of a simple available solution like that?

BTW, I do know about full-fledged systems that can automatically call monitoring centers, and we're looking into those for later, but have a few problems with the requirements.

Thanks,
Ed

We got Steve a button that comes on a cord that he wears around his neck. When he pushes it a alarm on the wall goes off and can be heard from anywhere in our house. It was under 40.00 on Amazon. He can even wear it in the shower. Let me know if you are interested and I will get the name off our history. We also bought a camera that can be monitored from any cell phone that works nice.

We used Smart Caregiver Corp.'s " Two Call Button Wireless Caregiver Paging System" for over two years until my husband could no longer press the button. It comes with two call buttons which can be either hung around your neck or adhered to a solid surface and a wireless pager for your wife. As my husband was on a ventilator from the beginning it was critical I could be reached immediately. It never failed us. I could be anywhere in the house and some close areas outside. It has two call sounds, "ding dong" which I used during the daytime and "alarm" which I used at night that would wake me out of the soundest sleep. It is definitely in our top 10 of best and most helpful products we have found to help our journey. I see that it is now being sold on Amazon. Hope this helps, I know how time consuming looking for the right product can take.

Compare systems and call the different companies listed at www dot consumersadvocate dot org/medical-alerts/best-medical-alerts?matchtype=p&keyword=life%20alert&adpos=1t4&gclid=Cj0KEQiAvNrBBRDe3IOwzLn6_O4BEiQAmbK-Diu8zeeyCdlABEeN-oH_AwK9DPLFMDpnwwbKgOjvE-saAsE18P8HAQ

We used Smart Caregiver Corp.'s " Two Call Button Wireless Caregiver Paging System" for over two years until my husband could no longer press the button.

Thanks, Kate. I looked up the product and it does look interesting.

Regards,
Ed

Compare systems and call the different companies listed at www dot consumersadvocate dot org/medical-alerts/best-medical-alerts?matchtype=p&keyword=life%20alert&adpos=1t4&gclid=Cj0KEQiAvNrBBRDe3IOwzLn6_O4BEiQAmbK-Diu8zeeyCdlABEeN-oH_AwK9DPLFMDpnwwbKgOjvE-saAsE18P8HAQ

Thanks, Mike. We'll certainly save this info for when we're ready for auto-calling.

Regards,
Ed

For the wireless camera we used the iZtouch IZSP-012. It has video, two way audio and night vision 37.99. Works great and i can monitor on cell or computer. Is wireless.

For the alarm we also used the smart caregiver two call buttons and alarm wireless. 37.89 on amazon.

Nurse Call Button for EconomyCare+ Monitor
Nurse Call Button for ...
$16.95
National Call Syst...
Call button smart very inexpensive it what we have and can worn around the neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back