Diagnosis
05/2016
Country
US
State
Ny
City
Gansevoort
Any suggestions for getting out of bed. Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. Hate to wake my husband as he needs all the sleep he can get.

Depending on your weaknesses and strengths look at bed canes. They are sold under different names but it would give you something with which to pull yourself into a sitting position.

Thank you Nikki.

If the prefab canes don't work, consider a trapeze or rope or strip torn from a bed sheet attached to your bed frame, leg or other stable point.

Best,
Laurie

Laurie,
What is a trapeze?

Susan

Attached is one example. A "leg lifter" to help you swing your legs over, if that is an issue, is another idea. And you can put a portable "step" about 3 in. high next to your bed so you have to go up less, if that helps.

Which step of the process is hardest right now?

Attachments

• trap.jpg
    trap.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
Laurie,
I can get my legs over,it's my arms which sometimes fail me.

Then I am not sure bed canes or trapeze would help. Is it pushing yourself up from lying to sitting? Or turning?

Nikki

It is pushing myself up when I am on my side.

I use a super pole. It goes from floor to ceiling, just like a basement jack. No screws or bolts needed.
Vincent

Vincent,

Where would I purchase a pole?
Susan

When my husband lost arm strength and it became too hard for me to help him up, he moved to a sleep/recliner/lift chair.

Hugs,
Joan

I also use a pole as Vincent is describing. Google standers security pole as an example.

Deb

Forgot to mention that the Rotoflex bed is made in England (they will ship to the US). There's another bed called HiLo Rotation Bed in Australia. I haven't found anything like them here in the US :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back