Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Dover
Title should be: Tears burn like acid ( dont see a way to edit the title )

There is an old thread at TDI discussing this briefly.

Any remedies for this? Its an als thing

Any explanations why some pals get this?

Thanks,

Pat

Last edited:
I'm sure others more experienced will speak up, but I have read it's to do with high CO2 and acidosis.

I had burning eyes in the morning till I started regularly using my breathing machine at night.

There are methods of creating a more alkali environment in your body, but maybe get your CO2 levels checked too.

Thanks, I have had the burning tears for a few years, well before my breathing was effected.

My urine has smelled acidic since als also.

I'm glad u got relief from them

I figured it was the pills and meds

Greg if u r talking about the tears, i dont take anything for a year, and I still get the burning tears.

My urine still seems toxic, from my wifes reaction

I get these assets tears fairly frequently. Washing them out with washcloth and a little baby soap Helps

I get these assets tears fairly frequently. Washing them out with washcloth and a little baby soap Helps

ditto.....

Yup, thanks. If my arms moved, that would be a quick fix... legs too... anything three

aint als quazy... or maybe its me

The thanks option is shut down 4 me, guess i went wild today... u gave me a laugh gdk

side note, dont think Atropine Drops are available in the U.S. now... I think a side effect of them, is they can cause insanity

MANS NUTZ...... grab'em

Hi Pat
I have had this problem for several years before the mnd Dx, but I have Sjögren's syndrome an autoimmune that causes dry eyes and mouth. Since the mnd my mouth has returned to normal, probably not a good sign now I come to think of it!

The eyes have gotten worse. I clean them gently with water and a baby muslin cloth in the morning, during the day I use hypromellose drops and at night I use viscotears. The viscotears is much more effective at stopping the stinging burning sensation, but it makes my vision a bit blurry as it is a gel consistency. The more often I use the drops during the day the less my eyes sting so I go through quite a lot.

Wendy x

Thanks Y'all. The sweat from under my arms, also burns so bad it gives me rashes.

all three started after als, a few years ago. Acidic smelling urine, and burning sweat and tears.

Might be acidosis, ph balance, by product of muscles breaking down, co2 levels, or maybe somebody is abusing a bunch of Voo Doo Dolls of us

never even considered it as part of ALS, but I have them too. Like you i do not take meds so it cant be them.

never realized that this was something other pALS deal with. mine started about a year in to diagnosis, when CO2 levels were still regular - but they burn more now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back