Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
OR
City
Albany
Hello Everyone,

I haven't written in awhile. My mother has bulbar onset ALS, diagnosed last September. She is holding steady with no limb involvement yet, severe dysphagia, and swallowing problems. Her breathing is still very good. We are counting that as a small blessing.

I am writing to encourage anyone experiencing the pain of watching someone battle this disease to get involved with the walk in your area. We did it last week for my mom and it was incredible. People who haven't known what to do were able to tangibly show their support. We had over 100 friends/family show up to walk on our team and raised $9,000. Mom has been on a high for days. Many of us don't get the opportunity to see how many lives we have touched. My mother had that blessing last weekend, and she will never forget it. If you are a PAL or a CAL, do this for yourself, and for all of us so that one day we will find a cure.

God Bless,
Holly:-D :-D

Well done Holly! Glad you raised so much and that you and your mom found it a rewarding experience.
I sure wish we had some opportunities here in OK...I'd sure like to be able to help develop some if there were others to join in.

Talk to ya soon!
Nicki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back