Diagnosis
07/2016
Country
US
State
CA
City
California
We are looking to purchase a scooter for traveling and family outings like theme parks etc. Would prefer something that can fold/come apart with a small footprint so we can easily put it in our vehicles. Husband still has full control of core/arms/hands, so too early for PWC but he's missing out on experiences with the kids because he just can't walk very far.
We know nothing about scooters! Anyone have one that they have loved and didn't cost a fortune?

I have an EV Transport. I haven't used it much, but my mother-in-law has used one for some time. I bought it based on her experience - she uses it around the house & really likes it.

Darcey used a Golden Buzzaround XL and a Pride Traveller. The Buzzaround was the more comfortable to use as it was a bit longer in its length. I would disassemble into 3 pieces for easy transport. Good luck finding what works for you.

Jim

I have a LUGGIE.

It weighs 52 lbs and folds like a stroller. I ride it to the gate of the airplane, my hubby folds it and the put it in the cargo hull.
When we arrive they airline has it waiting as I leave the airplane.
I would highly recommend it.

It cost about $1500. I bought mine on amazon new for $900 or so on sale.

Thanks all for responses! We went with the Luggie and it arrived today. It seems pretty streamlined and easy to travel with so I'm looking forward to some more freedom for us on where we can go and what we can do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back