Old 11-05-2016, 08:19 AM #16 (permalink)

City: Boyd
State: MT
Diagnosed: 11/2015
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
KatieNBoyd is on a very distinguished roadKatieNBoyd is on a very distinguished road
City: Boyd
State: MT
Diagnosed: 11/2015
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
KatieNBoyd is on a very distinguished roadKatieNBoyd is on a very distinguished road
Default Re: Morphine

Hi Duke, thanks for the thread.
Jon my PALS began just a tiny bit (usually only .1) of morphine this week for air hunger. It has helped so much I can just watch the difference in his shoulders and the look on his face. He resisted it at first but our Hospice nurse was able to convince him and it has worked.

He has only taken it Thursday during the day and at night before bed. As far as constipation goes (poor words...) I don't think he has that yet, but I am worried about it. He keeps insisting that he has to go to the bathroom. Up and down all day and all night. Getting weird in my brain. His walking/stability have become bad as well so I have to hold him and help him up and down. He eats yogurt every day for breakfast.
Thanks again for the insight on this.
Katie
Thanks from
patoyeah (11-05-2016)
Closed Thread

Tags
bed, feeding, feeding tube, morphine, tongue

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On