Diagnosis
7/2008
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Anytown
It has been a long time since I dropped off of this forum. The losses of those I'd grown close to got to be too much for me. I grew to feel overwhelmed with a kind of "survivor guilt". And, it breaks my heart now to see who has passed, without me knowing.

However, it was good and much needed for me to take a break. I do not know yet if I will be able to become as involved as I once was.

For those who remember me (as well as those that don't) I was originally told I had bulbar onset of ALS. I did not progress i.e. decline, as anticipated, and the diagnosis has been changed, unofficially, to motor neuron "other".

I'd started a blog on life with a feeding tube (not the one here) a couple of years back, but did not tend to it at all. I have made the decision to keep it active, and make it a viable place for those who want more information, to be able find it all in one place

Much of the content are links that will direct the reader to a resource better than me, particularly when it comes to making blended tube food. I do it, but there is so much more wisdom out there than I would be able to explain.

The intent, when the blog was first started, was for it to be aimed primarily toward women, That has not happened yet, and may not happen. (however, it made for a cool website name IMO)

I am working hard at getting as much good content into it as I can, and feel it has reached the point to where I want to steer the folks on this forum to it. It is not complete, but at least there is "stuff" to read. Good stuff.

The name of the blog (it is probably already listed in the tube feeding section of the forum, from when I initially began it) is:
tube chic . com
-without spaces, of course

So, hello again to the good friends I have here, and, hello, its nice to meet you, to those I have not had the opportunity to get to know.

Hi Rose. I was excited to see you post and glad you are doing comparatively well. Stop by when you can. We do have PALS roll call on Wednesdays if you care to check in quickly. PALS is loosely defined as anyone with MND

Thank you Nikki, it is great to see you too!

It is heartening to see an "old-timer" still kicking!

Hi Rose. I have often thought of you. So glad you are back. I only stop in occasionally. To those who don't know Rose, she was one of the kindest, gentlest, most giving person on the forum for years. Plus she has a wonderful sense of humour and has great stories of her life as a flight attendant and she is an author of children's books. Welcome back.
Laurel

Rose, it's nice to hear from you! Good luck with the blog--I LOVE the name!
Becky

Hi Rose!
Glad to hear you are well
Tom

So good to see you back Rose xxx

Hi Rose. So good to see you back again. I too only stop in occasionally. I couldn't have said it better than Laurel - you truly are a blessing to so many!

Hugs from a Maryland Expat (Burtonsville/Silver Spring) :)

vw

Welcome back Rose.

Awww, it is so good to see some other oldtimers still here too! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back. I appreciate it a lot.

Hello all out here, his is Edward a newbie .I am a caretaker of ALS

Hi Edward! Sorry to meet you here but welcome.

You may want to start your own thread and tell about your PALS and yourself.

Also, could you update your info with your PALS diagnosis date?

We would love to get to know you!

Feel free to ask questions, vent or just read all the great information here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back