Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
My dad and one of my dogs died in January, another dog died in February, I got diagnosed with ALS in June, my husband just informed me that he may need hip replacement surgery, and my daughter just called and told me her husband left her for another woman. My son-in-law has been a part of our family since he was 16 years old, and they have three beautiful children. They just bought a house last year.

I'm venting right now, but what I really want to do is beat the s*&^ out of him.

I can't do anything about all this, but I intend to haunt him when I die.

Deb

Deb,

Sorry it's been such a bad year. I hope the rest of the year improves. I just don't get people messing around with another's spouse. So does the new girlfriend think that a guy willing to leave his wife and children once won't do the same to her? I hope karma jumps up and bites them both on the butt.

Bill

Dear Deb,

I agree 2016 had been a bad year, for most of us.

I am with Bill, karma is a *****. I will pray for your daughter and grandkids for peace.
I like the haunting idea, I am making my list now....

Jocalyn

Deb,
Praying for your daughter and her kids. My guess is that the husband will live to regret what he did to his family. I'm sorry.

Deb, I am so sorry. You have been through so much. It's is so hard to watch your loved ones suffer. I thought my year was going bad. I also like the thought of haunting him. My son's fiancé broke his heart this week and I am doing everything in my power to avoid coming un-glued with her. I will pray for your daughter and grandkids. Karma is a B and one day he will regret was he has done. Many hugs!

Holy crap!

That does seem to be a bit of a bad luck run ...

Deb, no words for all this trouble except I am sorry to hear it and I hope the rest of your year is at least more peaceful. Best wishes to your daughter and grandkids too.

I just found out that he has been seeing this woman for about a year. My daughter is a stay at home mother, and has been helping me for about an hour each day to get dress. Her husband said I was taking advantage of her. This coming from a guy that we took in and helped many times. They lived in our house for 5 years while he went to the police academy and got settled in his job as a police officer.

I told her to not worry about me and her dad. I'll work on getting help tomorrow.

What a mess! My daughter is 6' tall and weighs about 130. She could model swimsuits because she looks great in any bikini, and yet she had three children. She's beautiful inside and out, and I'm not saying that because she's my daughter. All my friends love her. Now she has to look for a job - something her husband did not want her to do but now he says she is lazy for not working. She trusted him. Now he's moving in with a woman that is in her late 40's and is a grandma- he's 38. My grandchildren are 12, 10, and8. What a stupid idiot!

Deb

Aww hugs to you your daughter and grandkids.
Wendy x

Oh Deb, that is more than one should have to deal with in a lifetime, much less a year. Wishing you an uneventful rest of the year.
Sending you peace,
Margaret

It sounds like your daughter has been in a very controlling, and probably abusive, relationship. Maybe it'll be a blessing, in the end, if he does stay away. I'm very sorry this is happening at your time of need and I know your poor daughter must be terribly torn up.

Deb- I'm sorry for your and your family's trials. Life can be so profoundly wearisome. I think it was you who posted somewhere else before it was like a bad country song. It is indeed. A humorous reference for such a terrible state of affairs.

Like Kim, I'm glad your daughter is no longer in a controlling and abusive relationship. Painful for now, but slowly she will come out the other side with a greater sense of self worth and self determination- as she will no longer have someone who is undermining her and giving her the message she is not valued. She is valuable and deserving. No matter what her selfish ex may have told her.

My thoughts are with you and my hope is for less trauma and negative things in your near future. You need a break!

Deb I'm so sorry. That is all too much. It does sound though that maybe the "the other woman/grandma" may have done your daughter a favor. I can only hope things turn around for you, you've had your fair share for sure!

Yes this year has truly sucked for you. But you can offer emotional support for your daughter, you can go out and do things in the fresh air, your husband will be with you for company if he has the surgery.

I can hear you are overloaded, but I am glad for you to be able to listen to your daughter, see your grandkids, and be a shoulder for support for your husband.

You are incredibly adaptable to have been thru so much.

P.s. I didnt say strong because I couldnt stand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back