Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
Virginia
City
Richmond
I ha e had my tube for 5 weeks. Shill the supplement still be draining out in the incision area?

What do you mean by "supplement"?

The site may have some oozing, but not much else. Is the site cleaned daily & being kept dry and uncovered by dressings?

Mines drained a little every day for the first couple months. It takes awhile for scare tissue to fully form.
Patrick

A little leakage of the enteral formula (supplement?) is not uncommon. Mine does and it's been at least a year.
You can use washable pads or disposable squares to control it.

Make sure to rotate and flush daily.

That's strange Greg - here it's a Red Flag issue if gastric contents leak out through site!

The gastrostomy must then be checked to see if tube is out of place/wrong size & whether there is an internal leak.

The supplement I mentioned is the formulas I use for feedings. Basically whatever I push through some of it drains out around the tube. I have to clean the area 3-4 times a day I will give it another month to see if it stops. Thanks everyone.

it may not be a big deal, but I would contact your doctor, and ask them

Afternoon,

pat

I always cleaned the stoma after every feed.
They should have given you full information on stoma care.

I would clean the stoma, make sure there was nothing left on the stomach, particularly in creases, and then apply a tiny bit of barrier cream to the surrounding skin, not to the stoma itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back