Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
California
City
Petaluma
Last night in San Francisco I had the privilege of seeing a screening of a new documentary of Steve Gleason's life with ALS and his success in fighting for access to speech technology for all. The man's determination and commitment to making a difference for PALs is truly inspiring. I also found it to be a well-done and powerfully eye-opening depiction of the challenges facing PALs and their families and caregivers as this horrible disease courses its destructive path through one's body. As someone who is fairly recently diagnosed and fairly slow progressing, it was a real wake-up call for what lies ahead. It is one thing to read or hear about it, but it is quite another thing to see it. I give it 5 stars :):):):):)

Last edited:
Some of us saw it back in early May @ ALS advocacy days in DC. It is powerful! Can't wait till it's released

I have seen just bits of it when the documentary was nominated at Sundance. He has a website - that many of you probably know of. He & his wife and friends are a true inspiration!

Steve Gleason | ALS Disease | Official Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back