need help to find an alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ontario caregiver

Hi

My husband is getting weaker, my question is, does anyone use a device or an alarm for two uses

1) to let you know the hydro has went off so I can get Gary on a battery back up for his bi-pap that he uses 24/7, especially for nighttime if I am really exhausted and I do not wake up right away.

2) we use a baby monitor if I am out side or elsewhere in the house, so now as long as Gary can speak this is fine, he feels his voice is going, so I needs some help with this.

I know there are bi--pap with alarms hooked to them, but they did explain they are so easy to set off.

Gary has no use of his hands or legs so the switch we had set up for a handicapp phone does not work for these needs anymore.

Thanks in advance for any input you can help me with.

monitor

Hi,

I was waiting for others to answer that might have a suitable solution but I know where you are with this problem and I don't have the answer. LB was just to this point when he died and I never solved the problem. What I was in the process of looking for was a switch that he could nudge with his head to set off an alarm to get my attention. I had found several on line but did not get the chance to make a decision. I also heard that Radio Shack sold them. That I did not check out either. The last thing he had was a wireless door bell ($20.00) from Home Depot. That worked really well until he could not release his hand from it after he rung it. Without the ability to lift the hand off the door bell fairly quickly it did not always ring.

I hope you find a solution soon.

Take care.

terri

My case manager from CCAC said she has another patient that has bought a lot of devices at The Source which used to be called Radio Shack here in Ontario. Failing that I'd try an electrical supply house.
AL.

found my answer

everone this may be a good one

We needed a backup for the bi-pap if the hydro goes out, as one night I was so exhaused I did not wake up right away.

We bought a Noma standby power plug at Canadian Tire $99.00 on sale for $74.00. This is not recommended for a life supporting stuff, but it will keep the bi-pap going if the hydro goes out at least for a while untill we can put the bi-pap on a better battery backup. So I can sleep better not wondering if the hydro goes out and I will not hear Gary telling me to wake up and change the bi-pap to battery hookup. I hope if anyone has this concern, please look into this product.

Hi,
We were so lucky in BC "Technology for independant living" designed a cobra radio system for us that hocked up to a big switch we could pill by mom's head, (chair or bed) the also had a wireless door bell with the same switch. we called it the staples easy switch because it was the same color an size. She could lso turn on the light and us a special phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back